Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Mad About Argyle

After a two month hiatus...

I'm ba-ack.

What's been new? Moved back to Blue Springs, moving to LA tomorrow. I know, it's crazy. But this isn't a travel-blog, this is an argyle blog! I have a lot of catching up to do, I KNOW.

Before I pass judgment on things that seem to be really popular nowadays (i.e. Twilight, other vampire-related things, Family Guy, Dane Cook, etc.), I usually give it a pretty decent try before I decide to hate on it. So yes, I've watched and read Twilight, I've watched a few episodes of Family Guy and I've listened to Dane Cook's CD. I've even been known to give full seasons of television shows a chance: like Heroes (eh) and I even watched an episode of some tv show with Kenny and Ben (I forgot what it was called, but I would really like that 50 minutes back).

Everyone has been going on and on and ON about Mad Men. Basically it's about Sterling Cooper, an ad agency on NYC's Madison Ave. It's centered around Don Draper, the CD, and it's set in my favorite time period for entertainment: the 60s (sigh, I miss American Dreams). I've been watching 3-4 episodes a night before going to bed and I took a screen cap recently:



These wonderful yellow, blue with white accented argyle is worn by Bertram Cooper (Robert Morse). Background: he's pretty into Japanese culture and refuses to let anyone wear shoes in his office, hence the socks.

So there you have it! I hope this holds you over until my next update (coming soon, promise).

- Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment