Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine Argyle.

Yikes, it's been over a month since I've posted. A lot has been going on and I've been keeping busy with a lot of different things (see: jessicaendaya.blogspot.com for a brief overview). 

As far as argyle goes, I wore argyle on Valentine's Day. It was that blue argyle sweater vest that I got for Christmas. Interesting enough, a year ago on Valentine's Day, I also wore argyle. It was a pink and purple argyle number that I have.



That is the sweater I wore a year ago. This picture is NOT from a year ago, it is from last November. Something I like to do, mostly involving Xanga, is to look back at where I was a year ago and it never fails to amaze me how different things are since then. A year ago on V-Day, I had dinner at Manhattan with DVG, I had the Athenian panini. It was pretty good, as far as sandwiches go. I remember it was pretty crowded and we sat in the that middle aisle. I also remember laughing at a joke he had about "taking/learning something from every relationship he's been in." It  made me laugh because from an ex-girlfriend he had, he learned what kerning/tracking was. And then I remember we went back to my apartment and I gave him a really big heart-shaped sugar cookie that I made for all of my friends earlier that day. And then we watched the new episode of LOST! It was a really nice Valentine's Day. This past Valentine's Day, I nursed a hang-over from one of the worst Friday nights of the semester, didn't get some phone calls returned, played Super Mario Bros. 3 w/ Abby, ate Chen's and had a few beers with Jimmy at the Dukum. All In Good Company (like that Topher Grace movie), it's just interesting how different the two situations are/were.

I don't even really talk to David anymore and it's not either of our faults, I guess. We just kind of grew apart, and I guess it didn't help that we kind of left on bad terms. We talk occasionally, but it's just sad that I invested so much in that friendship and at this present point, it's just a memory. But I don't regret any of it, and I think that's what I learned from being briefly with him, is that shit happens, stuff doesn't work out. I should stop dwelling on what could've/should've been said or done and to live in the present. And really, it's his loss (or anyone else in a vague sense) to not keep this friendship growing. It just kind of sucks when you realize how one-sided things are. 

I don't really know where I'm going with this, so I guess I'll stop!

Oh, and Demetri Martin's new show is SO SO SO funny.
& LOST is getting pretty good.

- Jessica.

No comments:

Post a Comment